Every year six roles become available on the AMOSSHE Executive Committee, and members have the opportunity to nominate themselves to join the team. In 2017 roles became available to serve from 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2018.
Five members nominated themselves for the four available Executive Member roles, which meant that the final candidates were chosen by a membership ballot. There was no competition for the available Vice Chair (Operations) and Vice Chair (Professional Development) roles, so these appointments didn’t require a membership vote.
At the 2017 AMOSSHE annual general meeting in Brighton on 6 July, Fay Sherrington (Vice Chair) announced the names of the people who were elected:
- Jayne Aldridge (Director – Services for Students, Kingston University) takes the role of Vice Chair (Operations).
- Nic Streatfield (Head of Student Services, York St John University) takes the role of Vice Chair (Professional Development).
The nominees elected to the four Executive Member roles are:
- Richard Irons (Head of Student Services, University of Derby)
- Nicole Redman (Director of Student Services, University of East London)
- Jill Stevenson (Head of Student Support Services, University of Stirling)
- Chris Warrington (Head of Student Support, University of Leeds)