Wouldn’t it be nice? A trusted, digital student identity that allows for seamless access to a wide range of services such as managing academic records, Erasmus mobility data, or the use of university or student services – and all this within a secure and reliable framework of digital ID management?
The MyAcademicID project knits together the unique digital identification of a European Student Card (ESC) with a secure authentication via the eduGAIN network. Linking local authentication with global access to services would allow students to smoothly navigate the digital world of cross-border and cross-institutional access to services!
Current developments for such a European Student eID will be presented at a European conference on November 20-21, 2019 in Berlin.
If you are a leader with a strategic vision for the digital development of your students’ mobility, academic records and access to services, this is where you should be this fall!
The conference is particularly interesting for the following audiences:
- European Higher Education community such as HEI’s leadership, registrars, IT-services, international offices and services departments, rectors‘ conferences, EU networks of universities and similar;
- students as multipliers that are interested in student mobility, in particular student unions, student representatives in HEI leadership or student services;
- decision makers such as politicians, public bodies and agencies for higher education policy;
- Student Service providers such as Studentenwerke, Cnous, Student Services Departments of HEIs and similar;
- participants in other CEF-funded projects and projects related to student eID such as the European Student Card (ESC) project, Erasmus-Without-Papers, Emrex, ESMO/SEAL, Studies+, eID4U, Europass, Aducid, OpenU, Santander- Student Smart Card, etc.
More information on the MyAcademicID project website: http://www.myacademic-id.eu/
Please feel free to share this information with interested colleagues and among your academic and professional networks.